Monday, June 18, 2012

Yes, I still exist.

Ok.  Not blogging for four months was only partly on purpose.  The on purpose part was because I was scared.  The not-so on purpose part was my pregnancy brain.  Since school's let it out I've been on summer mode, and plum forgot to post.

Yes, I still exist.  Yes, my pregnancy does, too.  In fact....we are growin' twins!  Everything involved in the first trimester was so crazy and overwhelming.  I felt like I couldn't say it out loud....write it, type it, or anything.  I thought if I did, maybe I would jinx it and it would all go away.

Thankfully, it hasn't and I FINALLY feel comfortable enough to say it, type it, SCREAM IT--WE'RE HAVING TWINS!!!!!

Not much to say about the first trimester, to be honest.  Overwhelming, scary, freaked out, but overall I physically felt pretty good.  Although it went fast, being petite and pregnant with twins, I've been changing fast!  Take a look....
HOORAY-IT'S POSITIVE!
 HOORAY- FOUR MONTHS!!

I did find a bunch of fun "blogger-type" questions that I've been answering through this pregnancy.  I think I'll start posting them here as well!  So, here's the latest!


How far along?  15w, 6 d, 16 weeks tomorrow
Total weight gain/loss:  up to a consistent 115-116…on a good bloated day 117!
Maternity clothes?  Oh yes, when I’m in public.  At home it’s t-shirts and cotton shorts
Stretch marks? Not yet, but the belly be round, that’s for sure!
Sleep:  It’s ok. Laying on my side is hard still. My shoulder & hip starts to hurt to so roll to my other side, but rolling isn’t the easiest anymore, either.  I pretty much wake myself up, sit up, and then turn over.  It’s only going to get worse
J
Best moment this week: My mom was here to help with step 1 of office-turned-nursery transformation.  Got everything moved and organized to the basement! 
Have you told family and friends: Yes!!!  It was facebook official yesterday, Friday 6-15!  I put a picture with a pair of my shoes, Heath’s boots, and a 2 pairs of green & purple booties along with the caption, “Here’s our latest project!  We’re expanding our home by FOUR feet!!  Estimated completion date: November 2012!!!
 Miss Anything? Sort of missing wine, but I think it’s more the social aspect of it…I wetted my lips with my sis’ glass of wine the other night, yuck.  
Movement: the little flutters continue, but they quickly stop if I start pressing my tummy.  Need to try to not touch my belly when they start.
 Food cravings: Not really, still working hard to focus on high protein and cal intake, but I’m not charting my every meal anymore.  I figured out my average a day is around 2,500 cal and 100 g of protein.  I think I’m doing ok.  I’ve gained about 1 lb each week since charting.
 Anything making you queasy or sick:  the last week I’ve had 3 incidents where I felt sick and like I was going to pass out….coulda been low blood sugar, or maybe I got a little overheated.
Have you started to show yet: oh yah.
Gender prediction: 2 boys? Ha, I dunno.  Find out in 2 weeks!
 Labor Signs: no
Belly Button in or out? Quickly becoming an outie!
Wedding rings on or off? on
Happy or Moody most of the time: happy…and tired!
Looking forward to: next week—meeting up with some old classmates on Thursday and appointment on Friday
Next Appointment: “first ob” appointment on Friday, 6-22.  I will have had to wait 3 weeks for this appointment.  Totally going crazy waiting to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment