Wednesday, November 14, 2012

They're here!

Wow....our journey has come to an end.  Our beautiful baby girls arrived on October 22, 2012!!  It's almost surreal having them here.  They are absolutely amazing!  Avery Isabelle & Madelyn Leona were born via surprise c-section at 34wk, 4days gestation. 

I had a regular appointment on October 17th for an ultrasound and nonstress test to make sure everything was looking good.  Surprisingly, we discovered I was 3cm dilated and my doctor put me on a modified bed rest, basically told me I was done working.  Well, 5 days later, I woke up and something just felt "off".  I called my doctor's office and they scheduled me to come in that morning just to check everything out and make sure it was "nothing."  I almost didn't make Heath come with me because I thought I was being paranoid.  Our appointment was scheduled for 11:30am.  My doctor did the internal exam and SURPRISE!  I was 5cm dilated (without feeling any contractions besides what I was calling Braxton Hicks contractions) and baby A was no longer head down...instead my doctor felt feet!  She sent us directly to the hospital and our sweet girls were born several hours later! 

At 1:55pm, baby A, Avery, came out (feet first) weighing 5lb, 8oz 19" long.  Her little sister, Madelyn, came out at 1:56pm weighing 4lb, 10oz, 19" long.  They were (and still are!) so beautiful.  We spent 12 days in the NICU with some minor feeding issues and everyone has been home now for a week and a half.  The transition home has been pretty good; of course having my mom here to help has made a huge difference.  I tear up just thinking about her leaving next week, but I'm sure we'll all be fine!

I still can't believe we have come so far.  We are so blessed...and in love.

No comments:

Post a Comment