Friday, February 24, 2012

Ding, Ding! Round 2

So my last couple posts have been very negative; I apologize.  It seems that 'off cycle' is the worst!  Another pack of birth control has come and gone and here we are: ready for Round 2.  AF graced me with her presence on Thursday morning.  Really, these off cycles are the only time I enjoy her arrival!  I went in for my baseline ultrasound today.  I left feeling a little concerned that the only medicine I was possibly going to get to be taking was birth control again because of a small cyst that has still lingered (dumb thing!!).  However (drum roll please)......we're go for launch!  The doctor said it wasn't too concerning.  After the last octo-fiasco, I assumed my doctor would be requiring my constant ultrasounds to be done in her office (a smooth 4 hours away), but we don't!  In fact, I don't have any ultrasounds/bloodwork between now and CD 14.  I'm sort of nervous about this, as with Follistim it's necessary to watch it closely, but the doctor said after our "experimental" cycle, she knows what she wants to do and doesn't think there's any reason for the constant u/s. 

So here it is: the fertile cocktail for the next 2 weeks:
~75iu: Sunday 2/26 through Thursday 3/1
~100iu: Friday 3/2 through Sunday 3/4
~125iu: Monday 3/5 through Wednesday 3/7
~Thursday 3/8 appointment in Omaha for ultrasound/blood work with Dr. D.

Although I'm nervous that I won't be having all the u/s and blood work, I know that I've got to put my faith in the Lord and trust my doctor, since she knows better than I do!  The great news is the 8th & 9th is our "spring break" so if nothing else positive comes out of this cycle, at least I didn't have to take yet another sick day!!  Woo-hoo!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like your doc is confident, keep the faith Sara. FX for a few large and healthy follies in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete