Sunday, March 11, 2012

Did we just make a baby?!

Wait-what?!  I'm excited (and somewhat shocked) to announce that we had the IUI procedure this morning.  Now, I know that just because we did IUI doesn't mean we're knocked up, but actually being able to follow through with the procedure feels like a HUGE moral victory. 

We went last Thursday for our scheduled blood work and ultrasound.  They determined I had 1 follicle at 17mm, 1 at 14mm, and 1 at 13mm.  My lining looked good, as did all my hormone levels.  She wanted to push me one more day with meds to get that 17mm a little more mature, but that also meant it pushed the other 2 smaller ones.  She estimated 2 mature follicles by the time of IUI.  I'm sort of freaking out about the potential of having twins, but of course I would be all for it!  DH confessed in the car on the way home he hopes we catch both eggies!  It's still a little crazy to me if we even get one, so I'm not going to let myself get too carried away daydreaming about multiples. :)

I start progesterone on Wednesday, continue with it until my test date-March 25th.  Oh my gosh....I've never actually had a 2WW, usually AF is here by 8 DPO!  I'm vowing not to test early and I'm not testing out my trigger...we'll see how that goes.  If I make it past 8 DPO...those last 6 days are going to a bear! 

No comments:

Post a Comment