Monday, November 28, 2011

...and the ride continues

The appointment with Dr. Doherty in Omaha went fabulous!  I loved her--she was quick & to the point, but still listened to us, let us ask questions, and was patient.  She made it sound like our next step is "easy-peasey-lemon-squeezy."  I'm feeling very confident that she is "the one" to help us on this next step of our journey.  I also felt justified for switching doctors when she looked up from my chart, looked at me, and said, "You should have never been on 200mg of Clomid.  Ever.  We will not be doing Clomid again."  She also told me no more exercise, even if it was just walking and to "go buy a carton of ice cream."   Uhhhh....yes, doctor, whatever you say!!!! :D 

So here it is...the "next step" begins with injects of Follistim (unsure as to the dosage still) & numerous visits to Kearney for blood work and ultrasounds during CD 3-14.  Thank goodness we're able to "contract" that out and we're not going to Omaha 5-6 times in a two week span.  EEK!  That would suck.  When all looks good, we'll do the trigger shot (hCG)....and then we'll be on our way to Omaha for IUI! where we hopefully make our baby!!

I wish my crystal ball was working so I knew exactly what days everything would be happening on, as to help me feel more prepared (weird, I still can't give up control, can I?  I know God is up there laughing at me saying, "when will you learn your lesson?!")  I guess until CD 1 I'm going to enjoy sex (since I haven't really done that in over a year), drink that 2nd (or 3rd) glass of wine at night, and enjoy a good night's sleep.  Here's to hoping to go out of 2011 with a bang...and a baby on board!

No comments:

Post a Comment