Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Ready, Set, INJECT!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen....we have liftoff!!!!!!  My appointment on Monday went great.  Lining was measuring 2 1/2-3mm (wayyyyy better than 12mm like it was last month!!) and my estrogen levels were under 5 (not 148 like last time!!).  I guess that pesky birth control did its job!!!  We got the go-ahead on Monday afternoon from my doctor's nurse....

So here it is:  75 iu of Follistim Monday, January 9th through Friday, January 13th.  So far the shots have been fine.  The first night I sat there reading and re-reading the directions.  Finally, DH knocked on the bathroom door asking if I had passed out! LOL. I have another u/s and blood work check on Saturday morning.  Again, I don't have to go all the way for Omaha for it, I can do it in Kearney, so that's very helpful.  After Saturday, we'll know a little more.  I'm so freakin' excited that we are finally moving FORWARD!  Since my last Clomid cycle in September we have been on a break from trying and, although I wouldn't have chosen for the break to last 4 months, it did but we are here NOW! 

Continue to throw some prayers our way....I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic, but also realistic.  I know this first round is somewhat a shot in the dark and if we don't catch the eggie, it'll be okay, but at the same time I'm sooooo pumped because this is truly our FIRST SHOT at getting pregnant since we started this journey a year and a half ago.  FX....maybe we'll get ourselves a Halloween baby!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment