Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pregnancy vs. Progesterone vs. Cold?

Today is 6 DPIUI.  Now, in the past, that would mean I would start spotting tomorrow or Monday and AF would follow the next day.  I'm praying that the prometrium does it's job and holds AF off.  I will be devastated if it doesn't.  This week started out pretty uneventful and I was doing a pretty good job keeping my mind off of things...that is, until I came down with this cold/flu of the year.

So now the big question is......pregnancy vs. progesterone vs. cold?  What am I suffering from?  1, 2, or 3 of these?!?  I guess time will tell, but it's pretty annoying not knowing the source of my misery! :)  I mean, if it's from pregnancy I will gladly take feeling like death warmed over!

Let me walk you through my week.
1-2 DPIUI:  Monday & Tuesday-I continued to have fleeting twinges and cramps and some bloating, but nothing new for me.  I tend to have what I describe as ovulation pains for several days after O, so nothing too surprising about this.

3 DPIUI: Wednesday-Began prometrium in the morning.  "Twingy" cramps continue, but I also experience a "heaviness" or "fullness" in my uterus, along with bloating.  That's definitely a new one for me.  That afternoon I started sneezing and coughing, but I chalked it up to possible allergies, as we're having an early spring. (Oh and believe me...I'm not complaining about 80 degree weather in March in Nebraska! No way! Bring it!)

4-5 DPIUI: Thursday & Friday-I felt pretty good all day Thursday until about 2'o clock...then BAM.  I started noticing my boobs were sore along the sides, I was starving, but nothing sounded good, and I was exhausted. I had officially hit a wall-I figured being 36 hours into the progesterone was the reason for these symptoms, but my "allergies" had turned into body aches, freezing cold (and it's 80 outside), dull headache, tightness in my chest, runny nose...I ended up leaving work a little early just so I could go home and lay on my couch.  I slept like crap Thursday night and had to get up with the dog (which pissed me off, I don't know why...I do every night and it doesn't usually bug me).  So Friday I woke up with the sore throat/cough thing.  By late morning I was feeling ok, but by 3:00 I was done for.  I went home and took my place on the couch once again.  I slept like crap again last night, even though I made the poor pup sleep in her kennel so I wouldn't have to get up and let her out (poor Lola!).  I was awake every few hours with my stuffy nose and drainage down my throat (gross, sorry).

So....is the cold just a cold?  Is the cold a pregnancy symptom?  Is it just progesterone symptoms topped off with a cold?  Is it all three??!?  UGH.  All I know is this week was the slowest week ever....what's next week going to be like?!
one week down, one to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment